Review of Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym
Are you thinking about purchasing a Bowflex PR1000? Great! I own a PR1000 and am sharing my thoughts on this Bowflex machine.
I recently did a lot of research on different home gyms and looked for something compact, reasonably priced, and effective and building muscle and toning my body.
I finally decided to give this machine a go based on all the reviews and after carefully looking at its capabilities.
Read on to see if the Bowflex PR1000 home gym is right for you.
- The media holder rack holds my cell phone, 9.7-inch iPad, or notebook! The rack’s height is adjustable.
- The bench can fold upwards to tuck away and leaving you with more space when the machine is not in use.
- You can buy Bowflex Compatible Attachments to get the most out of your Bowflex and muscle gain. I bought the Tricep Rope and Double D Row Handle, which I highly recommend.
- The Bowflex PR1000 is a powerful machine in the ‘affordable tier’. Machines can easily come at a higher price, many between $1000-$3000.
- Not for big-time heavy lifters. Advanced lifters are likely to need more than the 200 pounds available.
Price of Bowflex PR1000
At the time of writing this review, the Bowflex PR1000 machine cost $599 on Amazon, but pricing can change. List price is $799 with $200 off making it now priced at $599.
Fully assembled, the Bowflex PR1000 measures 84 inches x 38 inches x 82 inches, and sports a maximum user weight of 300 pounds
Bowflex’s PR1000 home gym comes with over 30 strength-building exercises toning and sculpting upper body, lower body and abdominal muscles.
Whether you are working on your upper body, using stiff-arm pulldowns and tricep extensions, or using calf raises and leg presses to build muscular legs for your next race — the Bowflex PR1000 home gym programs has it all.
Basic patterns of exercise possibilities would include:
- Lower Body: Leg extensions, curls, donkey kickbacks
- Upper Body: Flat, incline, decline press and flyes
- Back: Lat pulldown, rows, lower back extension
- Shoulders: Shoulder press, delt raises from all angles, shrugs
- Arms: Curls, tricep pushdowns, forearm flexion
Core: Crunches, rotations, obliques
Is the Bowflex PR1000 worth it?
The Bowflex PR1000 home gym is a reasonably priced home gym that provides you with all of the workouts needed to build muscle, burn calories or simply keep you looking amazing 🙂